Hamilton Hornerts RFC - Senior Women's Coach
The Hamilton Hornets Rugby Football Club is seeking applicants for the position of Senior Women's Head Coach for the 2015 Season.
We are looking for the right individual to continue on the success of our Women's program. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach at the senior Level of play. This person will be responsible for the preparation of a season long plan including preparation of practices, games, as well as an overall dimension of rugby structure. The successful applicant will work with other coaching staff to lead this team.
Once hired, applicants will report to the Executive Committee through the President, and will work to achieve on field success as well as promote the Hamilton Hornets RFC brand within the community.
Qualifications and Skills:
The head Coach shall prepare, plan, organize and supervise all coaching as required for the entire 2015 Season.
- The coach should possess a minimum of Level 1 coaching certification in Rugby with the goal of progressing to Level 2 and 3.
- The coach shall set the standard with regards to behaviour during practices and games, respect of officials and opposing teams, and expectations of all players in all divisions.
- The coach shall delegate where required and be able to work well as a team with respect to other coaches, and ensure that all divisions are playing the same rugby structure.
- The coach shall be responsible for challenging all players and maximizing their development while ensuring that the team comes first, and that playing rugby provides enjoyment, fun, and safety.
- The coach shall ensure that fair play and pride in the Hamilton Hornet’s RFC is paramount at all times.
- The coach must be able to communicate with all coaching staff, players, Volunteers, Alumni, and all other Rugby Club members as well as be a leader in promoting the Hamilton Hornets RFC brand in the community.
Please forward your resume with cover letter outlining your experience, qualifications & skills by February 23, 2015 to: Tom Edwards, President HHRFC (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ottawa Irish RFC - Men's Head Coach
Application Deadline: February 27, 2015
The Ottawa Irish Rugby Club (OIRC) was founded in 1963 and plays, develops and promotes the sport of rugby in the Ottawa area. Last season the club ran two men’s teams, two women’s teams, four junior teams and a mini program. In 2015 we plan to carry those teams forward and add the return of the men’s third team.
Under the guidance of Marco Piacentini, the Ottawa Irish Men’s teams returned to the FRQ Superleague last season. After a successful return to the league, the Ottawa Irish wish to build on that success and make a significant impact in the league this year. To help achieve that goal we are seeking a new Head Coach for the the men’s premiere and development teams.
In the last three years the Ottawa Irish have worked hard to design an executive structure which will allow the coaches to worry only about the on-field performances. With Marco and Rob Turk ready to start planning the 2015 season, we are looking for the right person to lead the team and the coaching staff.
We have a strong excited executive in place ready to support the coaches in the roles. Please submit an expression of interest and a brief rugby resume to email@example.com by Feb. 27, 2015. The Ottawa Irish do reserve the right to select the new coach prior to the closing date should the appropriate candidate present themselves.
Coaches Roles and Responsibilities:
Player and Team Development
- Ensure coaching sessions are organized to include technical, tactical and mental aspects
- Ensure coaching sessions facilitates individual player, sub unit and team development
- Where appropriate, use specialist coaches to aid player and sub unit development In conjunction
- Develop a coaching environment that is conducive to developing performance behaviors and encourages player interaction and ownership within the program
- Ensure all players receive performance feedback both written and verbally periodically throughout the season
- Develop a season plan to include club & league commitments, prior to the commencement of the season
- Ensure that Assistant Coaches are communicated with prior to each training session and provide session plans prior to each session
- Ensure that Assistant coaches are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities within the program and are supported in executing these roles and responsibilities
- Liaise with Club AT with regard to individual players, taking into account player health and welfare at all times
- Ensure all individual performance plans are reviewed with the players during the season
NCCP Community Initiation Certified Level 1 with the goal of progressing to Level 2
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working with senior rugby teams
- Track record of identifying players with potential
- Successful track record of developing players
- Knowledge and understanding of Rugby Union and the development of team and individual performance
- Track record of success in previous relevant coaching roles
- Experience of being involved in a successful performance team
- Knowledge of Long Term Player Development principles
- Satisfactory VSS and background check
Barrhaven Scottish - Senior Men's Coaching Staff
Expressions of interest are now being sought for Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and Managers positions for the Senior Men's Program – Barrhaven Scottish Rugby Football Club for the 2015 season.
Barrhaven Scottish is a progressive, developing Rugby Club. We are looking for individuals who will fit into our club culture and have success both on and off the field. We have a strong Rugby Executive to support our coaches in their role. The successful candidates will have a dedication to high performance, personal development, player development and excellence. The Head Coach will meet ORU minimum provincial standards for senior Men's rugby. The Coaching staff must be available for all fixtures, training camps, planning sessions and other team related activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Player and Team Development
* Ensure coaching sessions are organized to include technical, tactical and mental aspects
* Ensure coaching sessions facilitates individual player, sub unit and team development
* Where appropriate use specialist coaches to aid player and sub unit development In conjunction
* Develop and implement team game shape and ways of play
* Develop a coaching environment that is conducive to developing performance behaviours and encourages player interaction and ownership within the program
* Ensure all players receive performance feedback both written and verbally periodically throughout the season
* Utilize available analysis to aid in the development of individuals and teams
Planning & Organizing
* Develop a season plan to include club & league commitments, prior to the commencement of the season
* Ensure that Assistant coaches are communicated with prior to each training session and provide session plans prior to each session
* Ensure that Assistant coaches are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities within the program and are supported in executing these roles and responsibilities
* Liaise with Club AT with regard to individual players taking into account player health and welfare at all times
* Ensure all individual performance plans are reviewed with the players during the season
Qualifications and Attainments:
* NCCP Competition Intro Certified Level 1 with the goal of progressing to Level 2
Knowledge and Experience:
* Experience of working with senior rugby teams
* Track record of identifying players with potential
* Successful track record developing players
* Knowledge and understanding of Rugby Union and the development of team and individual performance
* Track record of success in previous relevant coaching roles
* Experience of being involved in a successful performance team
* Knowledge of Long Term Player Development principles
* Leading others
* Effective communication
* Personal accountability
* Facilitating change
* Team Working
* Planning and Organizing
* Willing and able to undertake flexible working hours
* Valid driving license
* Satisfactory VSS and background check
Please submit an expression of interest, including cover letter and rugby resume by 5.00 pm Friday February 13th, 2015 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. An interview will be conducted for eligible candidates.