Ajax Wanderers - Clubhouse Coordinator
Ajax Wanderers Rugby Club
Clubhouse Coordinator Position (part time)
The Ajax Wanderers RUFC is Ontario’s oldest rugby club with one of the premier rugby facilities in the province. The club boasts 300 coed members ranging in age from 6-76 years of age.
We are presently looking for enthusiastic, organized Clubhouse Coordinator to assist the Bar and Rentals Director in the coordination of all aspects of the bar operation and rental bookings.
Club House Coordinator Job Description:
To be responsible for the coordination of all aspects of the bar operation and rental bookings to ensure members, volunteers, and visitors’ satisfaction by maintaining an exceptional professionalism and customer service while achieving profitability in line with budget targets.
The Club House coordinator is responsible for increasing revenue through monthly bookings and marketing the clubhouse in accordance with the code of conduct.
The Club House Coordinator reports to the Ajax Wanderers RUFC Board of Directors, through the Bar Manager.
Club House Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain proper inventory levels of all beer (bottles and drafts), liquor and bar supplies to ensure the efficient operation of the bar for member and non- member rentals, and regular day to day operations for practice days and game days, in conjunction with the bar manager.
- To promote rental use of facility by servicing all rental inquiries and coordinating client needs.
- To ensure that all rentals are coordinated to prioritize game schedules and club functions
- To ensure all renters have a copy of the rental contract as well as understand the terms and conditions set out by the Ajax Wanderers RUFC/LLBO rules and regulations. Also to ensure that the deposit and remaining balance for all rentals is completed.
- To ensure appropriate cash floats and petty cash accounts are available and balanced
- To ensure all cash reports are balanced and in good standing after each event/cash-out.
- To coordinate and schedule the cleaning of the club house, including the bar area, to ensure that the facility is clean and welcoming to members and renters and in compliance with the Health Food and Safety regulations, where applicable.
- To ensure appropriate inventory levels of cleaning supplies and consumable materials (toilet paper, paper towels, knives, forks, napkins, paper plates, etc…) in conjunction with cleaning staff
- To set and maintain staffing and scheduling of bartenders for all events, rentals, practices/home games and special events (i.e. Golf Tournament, Family Day, Mini Tournament, etc.) to ensure that all daily duties and responsibilities are met.
- Manage and train all bar staff in regular daily duties and responsibilities of the Ajax Wanderers RUFC and ensure all bar staff are Smart Serve certified and conduct themselves in compliance to the Wanderers Code of Conduct as well as the Liquor License board of Ontario.
- To set and maintain staffing and scheduling for all barbecue functions as required throughout the rugby season.
Compensation is based on a weekly salary plus commission on rentals exceeding a base threshold.
Smart Serve certification and a Criminal Reference Check are required.
Interested parties are asked to forward a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the skills that would make you our prime candidate!
(Posted Nov. 3, 2014)