Manager – Ontario Junior Blues U14
Department: Ontario Junior Blues
Reports to: Rugby Ontario Director of Junior Men’s Representative Rugby and Head Coach – Ontario Junior Blues U14
Term: One year encompassing the 2013 representative season
Purpose of the position: to manage and administer all logistical and support needs of the Ontario Junior Blues U14 Program. This position will do so to a standard of excellence and exceeding Key Performance Indicators as set out by the program, thereby enhancing the program and the team for Rugby Ontario.
· Be the principal contact for; all of the team members, coaching staff, support staff, and any Rugby Ontario staff.
· Works with all members of the Coaching Staff to ensure that all coaching needs and objectives are met.
· Ensures and is responsible for management of the Budget once the Rugby Ontario Board has approved the Budget, and that all expenditures are within the Budget as approved.
· Ensures that the team and staff follow all Rugby Ontario policies and procedures and communicates same to team members and staff.
· Submits all documentation, funds as applicable, Athlete Agreements, team rosters, contact sheets, to Rugby Ontario in a timely manner.
· Provides a written report to the Rugby Ontario office within 48 hours after each game with the outcome and identifying any administrative and/or playing problems or challenges that need to be addressed.
· Organize and communicates all team travel arrangements including transport, meals, lodging and any other logistics through the Rugby Ontario Staff.
· Must ensure to Rugby Ontario that all members of the program (Staff and players) are appropriately registered in good standing with both Rugby Ontario and/or Rugby Canada and do not have any outstanding administrative requirements.
· Ensure that program is following Rugby Ontario financial controls.
· Work with all staff and players in any required dispute resolution.
· Prepare and submit news items and general team information to Rugby Ontario communications office for distribution as required.
· Arrange for and submit photography to Rugby Ontario communications as required.
· Work with all key contacts as above with the goals and key performance indicators with the team and program in mind, while maintaining consistency within the team culture.
· Develop and submit, within a month of the final match for the season, a report to Rugby Ontario on all aspects, strengths and weaknesses of the program.
· Be at all times, an advocate and ambassador for the players, the program, and Rugby Ontario.
· Responsible for managing all Rugby Ontario kit and equipment while in the possession of the team and ensure the inventory is returned in a timely manner to the office as required.
· Any other duties as assigned within the parameters of the program.
To explore this opportunity further, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to Shaun Allen (email@example.com) with the subject Rugby Ontario Junior Blues U14 Manager.